Fantasy Cabin Retreat
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monthly Goals

4 posters

Go down

Monthly Goals Empty Monthly Goals

Post by Poetic-Jessie Sun May 15, 2016 2:09 pm

I get the feeling that if we want this forum to continue being as active as it was during Camp NaNo, we need to have something like monthly goals.

Like NaNo, they have the What Now months, the Camps, and then the actual NaNoWriMo.

Should we do something similar? Could this be the Recovery month? And next month could be... I don't know, maybe this can be open for suggestions.

But if at the beginning of every month, we state our goals and update on how we're proceeding with them during the month, it might make this forum more active.

We could have Character months, where we work on our characters, or plot month, or dialogue month or something where we continue working on our stories but also concentrate on improving whatever the focus of the month is.

What does everyone think of this?
Poetic-Jessie
Poetic-Jessie

Back to top Go down

Monthly Goals Empty Re: Monthly Goals

Post by Elowen-Astrid Sun May 15, 2016 6:51 pm

I like the idea Smile I really want to keep on writing and be active in the forum (only university keeps me so busy right now and it will last until the end of June).
Elowen-Astrid
Elowen-Astrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophie Mon May 16, 2016 8:52 am

I really agree. I want to keep writing. May is also a busy month for me but I'm hoping to start up again in June! I like the idea of specific month themes to keep us thinking and motivated... until November when we can pick it up again! Or start from scratch.
Sophie
Sophie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic-Jessie Mon May 30, 2016 4:14 pm

So, it's nearing the end of May and I was wondering what we want June's monthly goal to be.

Do we want to focus on Character or Plot or Story Structure, Description, Dialogue, Showing rather than Telling, (I'm trying to think of anything else that we might need to focus on... Nothing's coming to mind)..?

If I've missed anything, feel free to suggest it. Maybe we can have a poll or something. We can be really structured with this (like plan out an entire 12 months (November's goal being 'write ALL the words!!!!! RAHHHHH!!!') or we can have a poll at the end of each month and see what people need to work on.

Let me know what you think Smile
Poetic-Jessie
Poetic-Jessie

Back to top Go down

Post by Elowen-Astrid Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:27 am

I like the idea of a poll as well as the idea of a 12 months plan. Personally I seriously need to do some world building. I think a poll is best, at least for now. It allows for faster decision making on short term.
Elowen-Astrid
Elowen-Astrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic-Jessie Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:53 pm

It looks like you and I are the only active members on this forum at the moment, Astrid Smile I know Sophie said May would be busy for her and she'd try to start writing again in June. I haven't heard from Sieglinde for a few weeks. Shall we wait until the 5th to see if anyone else shows up and have the vote then? Or we could wait a few more days. Or we could vote, then vote again when the forum becomes active, so others can have input.

On a side note, I noticed that we can register for CampNaNo in July. Maybe this will get people thinking about our forum again.
Poetic-Jessie
Poetic-Jessie

Back to top Go down

Post by Elowen-Astrid Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:05 am

Well, I think having a vote and a new vote when the others show up is a great idea. That way we have a little guidance and the others have input later. I think I might be a little busy this month as well. My thesis is not going great and I am going trough a brake up at the moment. But writing makes me happy and I decided on doing doing things that make me happy so I will try to be as active as possible.
Elowen-Astrid
Elowen-Astrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Poetic-Jessie Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:43 pm

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a break up. They're always difficult to deal with. The added stress of your thesis probably isn't helping either. Doing things that make you happy sounds like a good idea. I also hear that exercise is helpful too (endorphins and all of that), I seem to remember you mentioning going for runs. (Of course, these are just suggestions, ultimate what you do is up to you).

If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

On a side note, I'm happy to do world building this month Smile
Poetic-Jessie
Poetic-Jessie

Back to top Go down

Post by Elowen-Astrid Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:50 pm

I started exercising a while back Smile and you remembered correctly that I like to go for runs. I also started learning how to fight with a longsword. Which is pretty awesome. I feel so bad-ass and confident now. And it is great material for writing Smile But to be honest I am so happy to be on my own again and not feel the constraints of a relationship.

Thank you, but my friends and parents take great care of me. I could not be happier with the support I got.

Then world building it is I suppose?
Elowen-Astrid
Elowen-Astrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Call Me Nefret Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:10 am

This month, I'm focusing on research for my story. I'll need a lot of info on the human anatomy and the psychology of a killer. Not to mention I need to start working on an outlaw. It's going to take a lot of work, but I have a lot of people that seem interested in the idea.
Call Me Nefret
Call Me Nefret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down